Carnelian is a stone with an abundant history, not all of which is discussed in this write-up. Geologists assert that carnelian first surfaced in the Bengal region of India-Indian miners would place the brownish stone in the sun to transform it into a rich red color. However, it has since been discovered globally.
Earliest possible use dates to around 5,500 BC; Bulgarian tribes would fashion carnelian into beads; interestingly, carnelian beads have been found in ancient Scandinavian (archeological) dig sites, which they believed the Vikings brought back from their journey along the Silk Road. Ancients used this stone to protect the dead on their journey into the afterlife. Due to belief systems, it was used to give the wearer courage during battle. Napoleon had an inscribed carnelian seal. Egyptians said it was the stone of ‘the setting sun.’ This ‘Luck Stone’ was worn by French/English Royalty with the idea to ‘wish luck.’
Other cool things attributed to Carnelian include but are not limited to:
· Assists with fertility and conception
· Increases physical strength and vitality; excellent if you need a boost to your exercise program
· Attracts luck, abundance, and new resources
· Increases motivation and ambition while decreasing procrastination
· Gives courage to ‘timid’ speakers-gives you a voice to be heard
· Rekindles passion
· Helps with back pain/arthritis
· Protects against envy, rage, and resentment
· Helps with possessiveness/jealousy
· Builds confidence, courage, and passions
· Increase/promotes creativity
· Kick starts a journey...provides a clarity on deciding a certain path
· Helps one to appreciate their body
· Removes fear of death by accepting the cycles of life
· Motivates success in business and other situations
· Assists in overcoming conditioning
· Strengthens family relationships and friendships
Uses: Wear as an amulet, carry with you or place in a location where you spend a lot of time, especially in an area where you are creative
Chakra Affiliations: Primary = Sacral; works with Root and Solar Plexus
Mantra: “I am authentically creating a life free of stress and full of bliss!”
Tigers Eye (lucky stone) is an ancient talisman that is mysterious, powerful, admired, and feared as an “all-seeing, all-knowing eye.” It was believed to grant the wearer the ability to observe everything...everything. It was notable by the Ancient Egyptians as it was used for the eyes in their Neter statues to express a divine vision. It was believed to provide the protection of the sun and earth combined, of Ra, the sun deity and Geb, deity of the growing land. (Observer-think double slit experiment)
Tigers Eye is associated to the magical tiger, the king of beasts in Eastern mythology. It depicted courage, integrity, and right action. The Roman Soldiers carried it with them protect them in battle and be fearless towards the enemy. It has been highly regarded throughout history as a stone of prosperity and good fortune, protecting one’s resources and reflecting back malice or threats from another.
Colors range from light to dark brown with golden highlights (also comes in Red and Blue). This ‘observer’ stone stimulates the Solar Plexus and connects it with the Root Chakra. If you feel you lack direction, this is a great stone to assist in clarity and manifesting.
Other cool things attributed with Tigers Eye include but not limited to:
· Encourages an active observer of emotional patterns-helps with depression and emotional/mental clarity
· Assists in taking effective actions
· Assists in remaining grounded, calm, and centered...regardless of the situation
· As an observer stone, it allows you to see multiple perspectives, even if they are polarities...observe from higher levels of consciousness (Great for meditators)
· Increases self-esteem and self-worth
· Helps with ‘attention to detail’
· Stone addresses complacency as it energizes one to ‘step out of their comfort zone’
· Focus on the stone to boost will power, emotional stability, and energy levels...especially when working through life-style changes
· Reduces cravings for ‘unhealthy’ foods and benders of all kinds (i.e., food, drink, tobacco)
· Reduces anxiety caused by feelings of isolation or inadequacy
· Assists in overcoming discouragement to endure through the long haul
· Promotes clarity, balance, and vitality
Uses. Wear or carry a Tigers Eye...especially when you feel like Sisyphus. Place on 3rd Eye to enhance psychic abilities
Chakra Affiliations: Solar Plexus (Since it connects to Root then it also works with Sacral and Root)
Mantra: I AM Observer and Executioner of my Own Well-Being!
Rose quartz is a stone of unconditional love for self, others, Earth, and universal love. It draws loving relationships of all kinds, as many consider it the ‘definitive’ stone for Love. One Greek lore says Cupid/Eros brought rose quartz to Earth, hoping the pink color would inspire love in humans. Another Greek wisdom is that of Adonis and Aphrodite, and Aphrodite was rushing to Adonis’ side after being attacked by Aries. She became entangled in a thorn bush, causing her to arrive too late; Adonis was dead because their love was so powerful when their blood spilled onto the quartz below, turning all the quartz in that area a rose color.
Rose quartz is a member of the quartz family, obviously but was once known by the name Bohemian Ruby. Check this out, sports fans; the earliest rose quartz bead was found in Iraq and dates to 7000 B.C. Today rose quartz is found in Brazil, Sweden, California, Maine, and South Dakota. Interestingly, the Ancient Egyptians believed it held anti-aging powers!
Properties: Self-Awareness, Balance, and Transformation
Other cool things attributed with Rose Quartz include but are not limited to:
· Excellent for healing heart trauma and imbalances
· Restores harmony
· Encourages self-love, self-acceptance, and forgiveness while promoting self-worth, inner peace, and personal empowerment
· Known to increase fertility
· Excellent stone for managing a mid-life crisis
· Great protector of children
· Transforms non-harmonious energy into energies of compassion
· Penetrates Heart Energy Center, where lessons on love are kept
· Reminds us that these ‘emotions’ are what is so beautiful about being human
· Assists in healing internal scars
· Assists in bringing clarity to what life is offering
Uses. Wear or carry rose quartz to draw love and harmony. Place under your pillow or inside your pillowcase and allow the energy to fuse with your power as you rest your body.
Chakra Affiliations: Heart
Mantra: I AM aware that life happens for me, not to me!
“Do not seek truth, for you are truth. Seek that which resonates and allow the vibrational frequency to shake away all that is not yours.” -Lemurian Download from a Lemurian Crystal-2018
Lemurian Crystals are a particular type of clear quartz and are believed to have a direct link to the Divine Feminine. Moreover, they possess soul unity and access to ancient Lemurian knowledge-the Motherland/continent of Mu. Lemuria was a peaceful, spiritual civilization that existed hundreds of thousands of years ago; however, we can still access their wisdom through the crystals they left behind. Color variations include clear, pink, golden, red, smoky, and tangerine—geographical locations to date-Russia, Columbia, or the Diamantina region of Brazil.
There are many stories regarding the destruction of Mu and the Lemurian Crystal; we will leave that to your imagination/desire to research. The crystals have growth lines or striations but some variations are known to be completely smooth. It was common for the crystals to fall from cave ceilings onto the cave floor; we would pick them up, knowing they were seeds of wisdom. The stones radiate unconditional love, healing, and the knowledge that we are all one-think quantum entanglement. The crystal serves its holder as a teacher; it is not to be programmed like traditional clear quartz -> instead, it's activated (for you) to receive the ancient wisdom.
Epic lineage full of wisdom, like the tree trunk rings, the Lemurian Crystal contains sacred messages and symbols represented in unique horizontal lines and grooves. One of the Master Crystals, tunes into your spiritual compass, working to unlock the secret door to your Soul.
Other cool things attributed to Lemurian Crystals include but are not limited to:
· Heals on all levels
· Great for self-healing and energy workers
· Bridges the gap between physical and ethereal realms
· Clears energetic blockages; clears energy field (aura)...removes non-harmonious energy while simultaneously inviting harmonious energy into your field
· Helps reconnect with life purpose
· Great for starting new projects
· Helps connect with guides/beings from other realms
· Removes unwanted energy to, including emotional stress, past trauma, energetic cords
· Increases psychic ability
· Provides inner peace
· Helps overcome loneliness and sadness
Uses. Hold during meditation, ask for a download...open your mind and judge nothing that comes into your thoughts. Wear as jewelry or carry on the person; place around your sacred space...
Chakra Affiliations: All
Mantra: I AM the Beauty within ALL things!
Strawberry quartz is a quartz with iron oxide and inclusions of Hematite and Mica. The color depends on the amount of iron oxide in the stone. It was first discovered in the late 19th century in England and was called ‘Scarlet Quartz.’ Re-named in the 1970’s, this feminine energetic stone is found in Kazakhstan, Mexico, and Morocco. Strawberry quartz is connected to Cerridwen, she is blessed by the gift of poetic wisdom, inspiration, and prophecy, called collectively Awen in Welsh lore.
The nurturing energy of Strawberry Quartz harnesses universal love. With unconditional love flowing, one can clear blockages as one harmonizes with what is, not what if...
Other cool things attributed with Strawberry Quartz include but not limited to:
· Helps find inner balance/excellent grounding stone
· Good for anxiety, PTSD, depression, and other emotional conditions
· Brings universal love
· Helps bring forward ‘blocked’ answers-provides a sense of clarity, which leads to more aware decision making
· Attracts like-minded people
· Amplifies other crystals
· Clears all layers of the aura
· Promotes unconditional love, shows life’s purpose, and increases self-worth
· Attracts love
· Strengthens the bond between parents and children
· Assist with aches/pains and migraines
· Assists in motivation
· Increases immune system and circulation
· Supports fertility
· Increases energy-life force
Uses. Wear as jewelry, carry on person, put in pillowcase/near bed, and/or use during meditation. Place around your home, office, etc.
Chakra Affiliations: Heart and Root
Mantra: I AM one with the flame that burns within!
This beautiful mineral was first documented in the 18th Century and initially named “lilalite” as tribute to its lilac-purple coloring. Additional sources claim the name came from the Sanskrit word “Lilia,” which loosely means ‘divine play.’ Today it is known as Lepidolite or ‘lithia mica’-the most common lithium material.
Lepidolite has a loving, nurturing liveliness that dispels negative energy. It helps to calm the mind so that you can be in the moment, the ever-present ‘Now.’ It is perfect for spring as the flowers are starting to bloom-it reminds you to take in the beauty sprouting around you.
Other cool things attributed to Lepidolite include but not limited to:
· Absorbs electromagnetic pollution
· Decreases anxiety and depression
· Minimizes obsessive thoughts
· Helps with insomnia
· Stabilizes mood
· Dispels negative thought
· Calms the mind-great stone to use when meditating
· Balances emotional body
· Helps you to be in the ‘moment.’
· Aids to release PTSD, past trauma, and/or grief
· Assists one to stop identifying as a victim
· Decreases nightmares
· Helps with allergies, chronic pain, ADHD, sciatica, and nerve pain
Uses. Wear, carry as a worry stone, place under pillow/in your pillowcase, great for a child’s bedroom, classroom, or school bus due to its nurturing and loving energy.
Chakra Affiliations: Connects with all Chakras
Mantra: I accept this moment as it is!
“Dragon glass is a common name in Westeros for the substance known as obsidian, a form of volcanic glass. Along with Valyrian steel, it is one of the two known substances capable of killing White Walkers.” – Game of Thrones Info.
Black Obsidian is an igneous rock-forms when molten rock cools so quickly that the atoms cannot coordinate into a crystalline structure. The timeline of humanity connects to this earth-formed stone as there are records of its mention connected to our earliest means of communication. This glass volcanic rock has quite a repertoire of uses, from tools to amulets.
Black Obsidian, over time, metamorphosed into a more spiritual purpose. It became an excellent stone for scrying and, in perfect time, was embraced as a strong protector and clearer of energy that was non-harmonious to the situation, which has become the most common use for Black Obsidian. Early Shamans believed it was a gift of prophecy and removed physical disorders. “It (black obsidian) is all about enhancing what is going on emotionally and spiritually.”
Other cool things attributed with Black Obsidian include but are not limited to:
· Powerful Grounding (component of Gaia)
· Dissolves mental programming
· Cleanses the energy (auric) field
· Releases cords
· Protective shield
· Addresses stress-related issues (i.e.-digestion, acne, and blood pressure)
· Calming of mental state (removes darkness so you can focus on the good)
· Assists in flushing out harmful toxins (think non-harmonious energy)
· Remove the darkness from your life-see ‘mental state’ reference above
· Enhances heart health, strengthens circulatory systems, and improves the function of the liver/gallbladder.
· Great stone for empaths or those surrounded by ‘victim’ mentalities
· Sheds light on truth-removes the illusion so you can see with clarity as things are...
Uses. Wear as jewelry, carry on person, put in pillowcase/near bed, and/or use during meditation. Place around your home, office, etc. – take advantage of the various forms it is available (tower, stone, pyramid, free-form, and so on).
Chakra Affiliations: Root/Earth Star
Mantra: Within this darkness resides Light!
The name “Pyrite” comes from the Greek word for fire because striking it against another pyrite stone or metal will cause a spark. In the 1800s, this glistening stone earned the nickname “fool’s gold” due to its resemblance to Gold. Moreover, the two are formed in similar conditions and are often found in proximity.
Pyrite is a stone with positive and joyful energy. It acts as a shield for the aura, blocking negative energies. It is the perfect stone for August as it is a great stone to have as the new school year begins-it is good for both students, teacher/professor, and of course-parents. It balances one to feel more confident and motivated. It even brings a sense of calmness in overcoming anxiety. In addition, it will give you more vitality (physical energy), a clear mind, and helps in memory recall. Pyrite has masculine energy but is an asset to all genders.
Cool things attributed to Pyrite include but are not limited to:
· Balances polarities (Light/Dark...Positive/Negative)
· Gives patience and understanding in difficult relationships
· Protects from energy cross-contamination when doing energy work
· Unlocks channeling and psychic abilities
· Helps with power and self-worth
· Attracts $ and Luck
· Clears the mind and helps with focus
· Relieves anxiety
· Deflects negative energy
· Increases confidence, assists in overcoming shyness
· Excellent manifestation stone
· Helps to overcome fears, so you act
· Establishes new health patterns as it assists you in releasing unhealthy patterns
· Stimulates creativity
· Helps with fatigue
· Supports blood by carrying oxygen
· Helps with male sexual dysfunction
· Stimulates the Endocrine System
· Protects from viruses, fungus, and bacterial infections
· Eases GI issues
Zodiac Affiliation: Aries, Libra, and Leo
Chakra: Solar Plexus
Wear on a person for protection, creativity, courage, etc. Hold one in each hand for a boost of energy. Hold while meditating to clear the mind. Place in space to increase power and manifestation
Mantra: I AM in Resonance with my Higher Self
Fire/Hematoid Quartz is clear quartz with beautiful fire-looking inclusions of (primarily) hematite; however, there are some with inclusions of limonite or goethite. This is a beautifully harmonized quartz that is found at several locations globally. Note-Fire is the vital cosmic force.
A highly protective stone that is the complete package. Through its alchemic process Fire/Hematoid Quartz provides physical energy yet is also a very grounding stone. Moreover, this stone helps sustain focus while manifesting your desires. A highly motivational and empowering stone: good if you need to add a ‘spark’ back to your inner light...fire quartz will give you a ‘pep’ back in your step.
Cool things attributed with Fire/Hematoid Quartz include but not limited to:
• Balances body, mind, and soul
• Increases self-esteem, will-power, and courage
• Enhances attention span and focus
• Helps one respond rather than react
• Excellent for meditation and performing energy work
• Helps release old/stagnate energy or habits
• Excellent for procrastinators as it motivates one to complete their goals
• Helps with blood disorders
• Enhances immune system, strengthens liver and kidney function
• Calms anxiety/panic attacks
• Excellent stone for ADD/ADHD
• Enhances the ‘healing’ process
• Reignites your inner flame-your passion
• Transmutes negative energy into loving/compassionate energy
• Helps to interpret true feeling vs. improvised
Hold while meditating, wear/carry on person or place in a room for protection from negative energy. Just have in your energy field to assist with energy, focus, and/or motivation.
Chakra Affiliations: Primarily the Root; however, also Sacral, Solar Plexus, and Crown (with Root/Crown, imagine a harmonizing line connecting all Chakras)
Mantra: I AM, the Harmony in the Tao
Malachite is known as the stone for transformation. It assists in helping you move forward-whether, it is in love, finances, career-actually life in general. It allows you to see the root of the obstacle and then release what no longer serves you, thus allowing you to move forward.
Malachite was known in Egypt as early as 3000 BC. It was used for jewels, ornaments, and eye shadow and connected to the Ancient Egyptian NTR/goddess-Hathor-“Lady Malachite”-it is believed that Malachite carries the Feminine Energy of Hathor. Russia used it for paneling on castles.
Cool things attributed to Malachite include but are not limited to:
• Stone for Transformation
• Excellent protection stone
• Removes negative energy, as it serves as a ‘shield.’
• Strengthens your energy and confidence; assists in removing “shyness.”
• Helps with Emotional Balance
• Great for creativity and manifesting
• Will assist you in recognizing ‘patterns’ that block you from manifesting your desires
- Beneficial for healing from old traumas
• Removes attachments
• Excellent for people in leadership positions as it helps make ‘right’ decisions and acting
• Protects from Electromagnetic Smog
• Opens the heart to receive unconditional love
• Helps with strength and vitality
• Helps with pain
• Good for arthritis
• Supports Immune System and motion sickness
• Known as the Midwife’s Stone as it facilitates contractions for childbirth
• Supports friendship
Place in your pillowcase for Astral Travel. Carry or wear as jewelry to benefit your energy. Place in your environment for confidence and harmony.
Chakra Affiliations: Heart and Solar Plexus
Zodiac-Capricorn and Scorpio
Mantra: I AM Aligned, Harmonized, and Love
Known as the stone of “plentitude” as it was a stone used for great harvesting and plant growth. Eventually, it morphed into a stone of all out abundance. It is white, clear, creamy with a green, black, or brown inclusion(s) that often appear like plants. The inclusions are mostly manganese or iron oxide. Even though it falls within that “Agate” family, it is chalcedony.
This beautiful stone has an earth connection aiding one to feel secure and confident while clearing the mind to help with universal connection to aid in visualizing the path that you are following or set to follow. Moreover, it connects with the heart chakra to assist in releasing traumatic or resentful emotions.
Some uses for Dendritic Agate include, but are not limited to:
• Abundance of all kinds
• Inner strength
• Great for new life phases (career, recovery, etc.)
• Promotes good health during pregnancy for both-mom and baby
• Promotes lactation
• Helps prevent “Baby Blues”
• Strengthens family ties and relationships
• Promotes marital fidelity
• Protection during travel
• Gets energy moving
• Enhances peaceful inner/outer environment
• Great for garden/plants
• Relieves back pain and gastritis
• Reduces symptoms of epilepsy
• Decreases sleep walking
• Useful for nervous and blood systems
• Excellent for any kind of emotional trauma as it aids in releasing held emotions, which we may or may not realize we are holding
Place in area of stagnate energy (like corners of a home) as it will provide a ‘flow’ of energy, wear as jewelry, carry, place in/around your work area and your living area, meditate with in hand, place on area of body experiencing pain, place in pillowcase for dreams of past lives.
Zodiac Association: Gemini
Chakra: Root, Crown, and Heart
Mantra: I AM rooted in my essence, I AM
Fun fact: Rainbow Moonstone is a white labradorite, Larvikite is black labradorite and Spectrolite is a Labradorite mined in Finland (brand name)
Labradorite is named after the Labrador Peninsula in Candida, where it was first discovered in 1770. Is referred to by several sources as the “gemstone of magic.” Inuit tribes say that labradorite fell from the frozen fire of the Aurora Borealis. This stone has long been associated as a Shaman’s stone as it has very magical, transformational, and etheric qualities.
Some uses for Labradorite include, but are not limited to:
• Aides in connection with Divine Wisdom
• Helps you to tap into your Higher Self, Source, or whatever you call it
• Removes the ‘need’ to be in control
• Helps in seeing with clarity-the past, present, and future
• Protects you and aides in remembering experiences in other realms/dimensions
• Helps to connect with Elementals
• Creates a protective force field throughout your Aura-great for protecting against others ‘draining’ your energy
• Useful for dream recall
• Helps with eyes, digestion, and metabolism
• Releases fears and insecurities from past experiences
• Calms an overactive mind (monkey mind) so you can focus on intentions
• Good for anyone going through change
• Great workspace stone as it brings out the best in people
• Reduces impulsive behavior
• Relieves Stress
• Healing energy with lungs, pain, and soothing for PMS
• Brings magic back into your life
• Bridges the gap between other realms and physical form
• Helps you find the good in any situation
• Helps with deep/restful sleep
Wear, carry, place in/around your work area and your living area. Place near your head while sleeping or place in the pillowcase.
Associations: Moon, Uranus Chakra: Primarily Associated with Throat, 3rd Eye, and Crown
Mantra: I AM Impenetrable, I AM
Also known as: Sea Jasper, Cellular Jasper, Orbicular Jasper, and Atlantis Stone
Ocean Jasper was first documented in the 1920’s; however, information was lost until its rediscovery in 1997-just ff the coast of Madagascar. Interesting, it could only be found during low tide and for safety reason, mining stopped in 2006. However, Sea Jasper is still mined in the same region. It is a type of Chalcedony with a combination of a ‘powerful cocktail’ of minerals that evolved from the lava streams of primordial volcanoes. A soft/gentle stone-properties are exceptionally nurturing.
This stone encourages you to embrace your inner essence (love, happiness, and joy). The meaning originates from its composition. Combining the energies of water and volcanic rock, this stone has both a fiery side and a cooler side. The contradictory forces unite to lend you ‘whichever’ energy you need most at any moment.
Some uses for Ocean Jasper include, but are not limited to:
· Clears Emotional Blocks-Creating Emotional Stability
· Helps to Gently Release “Locked-In” Emotions
· Calming; Uplifting
· Clearer Communication
· Faster Conflict Resolution
· Breaks Negative Thought Pattern
· Connected to Atlantis-Ancient Wisdom
· Helps in Accessing Past Lives
· Helps go with the “Flow” ...your Flow
· Great to Wear/Carry during/in Social Events
May be helpful for fertility, depression, anxiety, bloating, skin issues, insomnia, and car sickness
Wear, carry, place in a part of the room for clear/calm communication. Additionally, place under your pillow to assist with sleep.
Element: Earth and Water
Chakra: Primarily Associated with Heart...but encompasses ALL Chakras
Mantra: I AM my Essence
Why Selenite? Why for January? Think about it. The excitement/energy of the Holidays are gone, school is restarting, and many just feel exhausted...the entire energy associated with the first full month of winter (less sunlight) leaves a different feeling. Selenite brings light, a pure light, that will clear the energy. Everyone benefits and it provides us a refreshing vitality to start 2022.
Selenite is most known for its ability to remove unwanted energy from other stones, your surroundings (environment) and self. We live in a world of polarity so you could identify this unwanted energy as negative or stagnate, either way selenite is an excellent stone/tool to assist you in clearing.
Selenite gets its name from the Greek Moon goddess, Selene-who is associated with inner peace and stability. It has been used for eons in the realm of healing and spiritual awakening. It was used by the Ancient Egyptians, Native Americans, and Mayans for protection from negative energy and Aztecs believed Selenite alleviated emotional and physical pain. Moreover, the Ancient Egyptians were known to place Selenite in Tombs to protect and guide the soul as it continued its journey.
Some uses for Selenite include, but are not limited to:
· Cleansing aura, area, and other crystals/stones
· Enhances psychic abilities
· Assists in dream recall and lucid dreaming
· Protects against negative (non-conducive) energy
· Stabilizes environment and connect with moon energy
· Clears and balances the mind and helps with focusing
· Good for clearing creative ‘blocks’
· Connect with the Angelic Realm-it is great for working with guides and/or angels
· Draws in pure light
· Protects from psychic attacks
· Attracts ‘like’ minded people
Selenite can aid with skeletal problems-like arthritis. Again, great for clearing aura and toxins.
Wear selenite to protect from non-conducive energy. Place under your pillow for dream recall. Selenite wand-use to clear aura. Place selenite in a room to calm environment and get stagnate energy moving. Use a piece, bowl, or slab to clear other crystals. Additionally, you can place a small wand above a doorway to cleanse energies walking in/out...as we do at our store.
Special Care-Avoid dampness of any kind as selenite dissolves in water
Chakra: 3rd Eye and Crown
Mantra: I AM of the Light!
Bling can be enticing but there are times when simplicity carries a more powerful punch.
The Shiva Lingam is crypto-crystalline member of the Quartz family-brown jasper. This stone is only found in one of the seven sacred rivers in India, the Narmada River-hence it has been called the Narmada Stone. A harmonic stone connects to both our masculine and feminine energies, that reminds us that we connected in unity to all creation. The Shiva Lingam is one that stimulates the energy system of the body.
Yes, there is more to this stone than its affiliation as a phallic symbol of Lord Shiva. However, there is meaning in the shape. “It represents the phallus of the Hindu god Shiva and his union with Kali.” The markings on the stone are referred to as the “Yoni” representing feminine energy or ‘the seed which is fertilized.’ It is also the shape of a cosmic egg, which is believed to be the center of Universal Creation. Egg shaped crystals are powerful energy generators that naturally have BG3.
Other cool things attributed with Shiva Lingam include:
· Balances emotional, mental, and physical (entire auric field) Being
· Protects environment/Self from electromagnetic smog
· Helps you think faster, organize better, and turn ideas into action
· Great for circulation, digestion, and reproduction
· Provides protection, grounding, and overall impact on one’s energy
· Helps with forgiveness-to self and others
· Boosts vitality
· Provides courage and strength to overcoming our deepest fears
· Provides insight ‘encouraging’ one to let go of anything and everything that no longer serves you
· Addresses low energy fields
· Improves health and brings ‘overall’ well-being
· Eliminates radiation and other pollutants
Uses. Wear as jewelry, carry in pocket, put in pillowcase, use during meditation, place in/around areas with higher EMF...actually, place it anywhere;). There are no limitations to how you can use this stone...be creative and go with what works for you.
Chakra Affiliations: All Element: Spirit
Mantra: I AM connected; I AM Complete
The meaning of smoky quartz comes from its connection to the Root Chakra. It empowers by offering a sense of permanence and sanctuary-hence, the grounding effect. It is almost like a conduit for it connects to the supportive earth energies while also connecting you to a higher state of Being-guiding you from lower vibrations that might be weighing you down or holding you back. A very powerful stone when working on ‘releasing’ that which no longer serves you. This is important because one must release to receive-the perfect balance...just as in give and take.
Somewhere in our linear timeline of thinking, smoky quartz became less warranted amongst the human species. However, it regained popularity during the Victorian era in England as a ‘mourning’ stone/jewelry. Worn by those who had suffered a loss, many would wear it for one to two-years. Maybe once removed it signified to the world they were over their loss???? This trend began when Queen Victoria wore it (smoky quartz) as mourning jewelry after the death of her husband, Prince Albert. It was also used by placing outside of houses to prevent drifting spirits from entering a family’s dwelling.
Other cool things attributed with smoky quartz include:
Uses. Wear as jewelry, carry in pocket, put in pillowcase, meditation, place in/around areas with higher EMF, and/or place on body part for pain relief.
Chakra Affiliations: Root
Mantra: I AM, always, part of the Whole
Lapis Lazuli stems from the Greek word, “Sappheiros” and has been a part of our human evolution through the Eons-the Latin term means ‘Blue Stone.” Lapis was often confused with sapphire so there are early writings where the word ‘sapphire’ was used when the stone was Lapis.
The oldest known ‘surviving’ literature is the Epic of Gilgamesh, an epic poem from Mesopotamia identifies Lapis in a couple of passages starting with Tablet 1, “Lift out the lapis lazuli tablet and read it, the story of that man, Gilgamesh...” This epic is also the second oldest ‘known’ surviving religious text, second to The Pyramid Texts. Lapis lazuli is mentioned in the section, “Spells for Entering the Sky (Corridor, West and East Walls).” In my research I found that Lapis is mentioned in (roughly) 100 verses in the Bible-go figure. Coolest thing of all is that lapis is a beautiful blue with shades of silver/gray...just like the Dallas Cowboys!
Ancient Egyptians used the beautiful piercing stone for jewelry as far back as 3100 BC and in powder form it was used in medicinal elixirs; moreover, Cleopatra would grind it and use it as eye shadow. They also used it to entomb Pharaohs and roughly 2500 years ago it was a stone of Royalty in China. This deep-blue metamorphic stone was mined as early as the 7th millennium BC in modern-day Afghanistan. Michelangelo would use it in his paints for when it was ground/processed it created this elaborate ‘ultramarine’ color and Buddhists recommended this stone to bring inner peace and freedom from negative thoughts. Additionally, one of the rooms in the palace of Catherine the Great was made of walls of lapis-along with fireplaces, doors, and mirror frames.
Known as the wisdom stone-“The Wisdom Keeper”
· Enhances intellect and helps with teaching/learning
· Activates/enhances psychic abilities
· Enhances a desire for knowledge
· Enhances memory
· Encourages one to speak their ‘truth’
· Brings harmony into relationships
· Reveals inner truth
· Self-awareness and Confidence
· Boost immune system
· Sooth’s inflammation
· Excellent stone for problem solving
· Relieves anger/negative thoughts
· Attracts promotion and success
· Helps with headaches and throat issues (larynx/vocal cords)
· Helps regulate the endocrine and thyroid glands
· Assists in overcoming hearing loss and other issues with the ear/nasal passages
· Enhances circulation and improves cardiac rhythms
· Reduces vertigo and lowers blood pressure
· Lapis recognizes psychic attacks and blocks them-returns the energy back to its source
· Expands awareness...seriously, what else besides this would one need?
Chakras: Third Eye and Throat
Affirmation: I AM the keeper of my inner wisdom!
Emerald is a green variety of Beryl with a luminous history. The name “Emerald” comes from the Greek word for green, “Smaragdus” and Rome’s Pliny the Elder (1st Century) addressed Emerald in his work, Natural History—“...nothing greens greener” and regarding the work of those that engraved, cut or polished stones (lapidaries)-“...have no better method of restoring their eyes than by looking at emerald, its soft, green color comforting and removing weariness and lassitude (lethargy).” The history of Emerald goes back to the days of Babylon and Ancient Egypt.
First mined in Egypt emerald was known to be the favorite gem of Cleopatra; however, it gained global recognition in the 1500’s when the Spaniards reached South America and saw the native leaders wearing emeralds. Fascinated by the stone, the Spaniards quickly embraced and dominated the emerald trade markets. Today it is primarily found in Columbia but also Brazil, Russia, and parts of Africa.
The Romans viewed the stone as a symbol of fertility as emerald is the stone of Venus, the goddess of Love/Beauty. The oldest known emerald to exists is 2.97 billion years old. Christian’s view(ed) emerald as the stone of resurrection and we can’t forget about the writings of Hermes Trismegistus-The Emerald Tablets or if you prefer a different take, the Emerald Tablets of Thoth;).
Emerald is a water element, which is cool when you think it takes water to make the grass green and it is during this time of year when many are out and about working on making their lawns green.
Since other stones have surfaced in the awareness of humans, emerald may have lost a step of ‘glitter’ in those with eyes that only see ‘bling’ but never underestimate the power of emerald. It is a powerful heart stone as it opens the heart and strengthens/clears the physical and emotional energies of the Heart. Listen up, this stone (Emerald) opens up the heart to accept love for self and others-it brings about abundance-abundance of all kinds. Abundance is not money, that is only a form but know there are many with a lot of money that are miserable within. Emerald captures the full spectrum regarding abundance.
Other benefits of Emerald
-Compassion/Love (self and others)
- Acceptance of others and situations without judgment
- Enhances partnership as it encourages loyalty/unity
- Helps with claustrophobia
- Helps with mental clarity, it is this that really opens the pathways for everything else to flow
- Strengthens memory; heals with addressing negative energies
- Helps the sinuses, lungs, and spine muscles
- Soothes the eyes; improves vision
- Increase patience; promotes good self-esteem
Uses: This really comes down to choice...your choice. You can wear emerald as jewelry as it comes in various shades of green; you can meditate with it; place a small piece in your pillowcase and allow the universal energies to come into harmony with your energy; carry a smaller piece in your pocket/stone pouch for there is no wrong answer, just your answer.
Affirmation: The Universe provides me with all that I need for each path along my journey
Thanks to the programming of Valentine’s Day, February is known, well it’s known as many things, as the ‘love’ month. Rose Quartz is a great ‘love’ stone, but it is not the only ‘love’ stone available. I chose Mangano Calciteas the stone for February because of its special connection with the Heart Chakra.
Mangano Calcite, also called, Manganoan Calcite and/or Pink Calcite, is a manganese calcium carbonate mineral that is a part of the calcite family. It was first found 1846 in Baska Stiavnia mining district Slovak Republic and is now found all over the world. Mangano Calcite’s color ranges from light to dark pink some are banded or included with white calcite. This calcite will fluoresce under black light. Try it, it’s cool!
It is known as the heart crystal connecting to the universal love energy. A heart healer and protector, it is very beneficial for heart break. It brings in unconditional love to help one except and love themselves, releasing any pain or grief from the past. It allows love to flow freely to open up new opportunities and/or relationships.
Other benefits of Mangano Citrine:
-Helps with connection to the angelic realm
-Aids with compassion towards others
-Releases fears created from the past
-Aids in self-worth
-Eases nervousness and anxiety
-A soothing stone that releases tension
-Attracts new opportunity
-Assist in accepting self and actions
-Boosts immune System
-Great for PTSD
Uses: May wear as any form of jewelry (some say wearing near your heart chakra is most effective). You may carry in pocket, purse, medicine bag, bra, etc;) to have in your energy field or you may choose to use as a worry stone. Place near your bed or in pillowcase to relieve insomnia and nightmares.
Affirmation: I am perfect as I am
(Yes, you are!)