The name “Pyrite” comes from the Greek word for fire because striking it against another pyrite stone or metal will cause a spark. In the 1800s, this glistening stone earned the nickname “fool’s gold” due to its resemblance to Gold. Moreover, the two are formed in similar conditions and are often found in proximity.
Pyrite is a stone with positive and joyful energy. It acts as a shield for the aura, blocking negative energies. It is the perfect stone for August as it is a great stone to have as the new school year begins-it is good for both students, teacher/professor, and of course-parents. It balances one to feel more confident and motivated. It even brings a sense of calmness in overcoming anxiety. In addition, it will give you more vitality (physical energy), a clear mind, and helps in memory recall. Pyrite has masculine energy but is an asset to all genders.
Cool things attributed to Pyrite include but are not limited to:
· Balances polarities (Light/Dark...Positive/Negative)
· Gives patience and understanding in difficult relationships
· Protects from energy cross-contamination when doing energy work
· Unlocks channeling and psychic abilities
· Helps with power and self-worth
· Attracts $ and Luck
· Clears the mind and helps with focus
· Relieves anxiety
· Deflects negative energy
· Increases confidence, assists in overcoming shyness
· Excellent manifestation stone
· Helps to overcome fears, so you act
· Establishes new health patterns as it assists you in releasing unhealthy patterns
· Stimulates creativity
· Helps with fatigue
· Supports blood by carrying oxygen
· Helps with male sexual dysfunction
· Stimulates the Endocrine System
· Protects from viruses, fungus, and bacterial infections
· Eases GI issues
Zodiac Affiliation: Aries, Libra, and Leo
Chakra: Solar Plexus
Wear on a person for protection, creativity, courage, etc. Hold one in each hand for a boost of energy. Hold while meditating to clear the mind. Place in space to increase power and manifestation
Mantra: I AM in Resonance with my Higher Self
Fire/Hematoid Quartz is clear quartz with beautiful fire-looking inclusions of (primarily) hematite; however, there are some with inclusions of limonite or goethite. This is a beautifully harmonized quartz that is found at several locations globally. Note-Fire is the vital cosmic force.
A highly protective stone that is the complete package. Through its alchemic process Fire/Hematoid Quartz provides physical energy yet is also a very grounding stone. Moreover, this stone helps sustain focus while manifesting your desires. A highly motivational and empowering stone: good if you need to add a ‘spark’ back to your inner light...fire quartz will give you a ‘pep’ back in your step.
Cool things attributed with Fire/Hematoid Quartz include but not limited to:
• Balances body, mind, and soul
• Increases self-esteem, will-power, and courage
• Enhances attention span and focus
• Helps one respond rather than react
• Excellent for meditation and performing energy work
• Helps release old/stagnate energy or habits
• Excellent for procrastinators as it motivates one to complete their goals
• Helps with blood disorders
• Enhances immune system, strengthens liver and kidney function
• Calms anxiety/panic attacks
• Excellent stone for ADD/ADHD
• Enhances the ‘healing’ process
• Reignites your inner flame-your passion
• Transmutes negative energy into loving/compassionate energy
• Helps to interpret true feeling vs. improvised
Hold while meditating, wear/carry on person or place in a room for protection from negative energy. Just have in your energy field to assist with energy, focus, and/or motivation.
Chakra Affiliations: Primarily the Root; however, also Sacral, Solar Plexus, and Crown (with Root/Crown, imagine a harmonizing line connecting all Chakras)
Mantra: I AM, the Harmony in the Tao
Malachite is known as the stone for transformation. It assists in helping you move forward-whether, it is in love, finances, career-actually life in general. It allows you to see the root of the obstacle and then release what no longer serves you, thus allowing you to move forward.
Malachite was known in Egypt as early as 3000 BC. It was used for jewels, ornaments, and eye shadow and connected to the Ancient Egyptian NTR/goddess-Hathor-“Lady Malachite”-it is believed that Malachite carries the Feminine Energy of Hathor. Russia used it for paneling on castles.
Cool things attributed to Malachite include but are not limited to:
• Stone for Transformation
• Excellent protection stone
• Removes negative energy, as it serves as a ‘shield.’
• Strengthens your energy and confidence; assists in removing “shyness.”
• Helps with Emotional Balance
• Great for creativity and manifesting
• Will assist you in recognizing ‘patterns’ that block you from manifesting your desires
- Beneficial for healing from old traumas
• Removes attachments
• Excellent for people in leadership positions as it helps make ‘right’ decisions and acting
• Protects from Electromagnetic Smog
• Opens the heart to receive unconditional love
• Helps with strength and vitality
• Helps with pain
• Good for arthritis
• Supports Immune System and motion sickness
• Known as the Midwife’s Stone as it facilitates contractions for childbirth
• Supports friendship
Place in your pillowcase for Astral Travel. Carry or wear as jewelry to benefit your energy. Place in your environment for confidence and harmony.
Chakra Affiliations: Heart and Solar Plexus
Zodiac-Capricorn and Scorpio
Mantra: I AM Aligned, Harmonized, and Love
Known as the stone of “plentitude” as it was a stone used for great harvesting and plant growth. Eventually, it morphed into a stone of all out abundance. It is white, clear, creamy with a green, black, or brown inclusion(s) that often appear like plants. The inclusions are mostly manganese or iron oxide. Even though it falls within that “Agate” family, it is chalcedony.
This beautiful stone has an earth connection aiding one to feel secure and confident while clearing the mind to help with universal connection to aid in visualizing the path that you are following or set to follow. Moreover, it connects with the heart chakra to assist in releasing traumatic or resentful emotions.
Some uses for Dendritic Agate include, but are not limited to:
• Abundance of all kinds
• Inner strength
• Great for new life phases (career, recovery, etc.)
• Promotes good health during pregnancy for both-mom and baby
• Promotes lactation
• Helps prevent “Baby Blues”
• Strengthens family ties and relationships
• Promotes marital fidelity
• Protection during travel
• Gets energy moving
• Enhances peaceful inner/outer environment
• Great for garden/plants
• Relieves back pain and gastritis
• Reduces symptoms of epilepsy
• Decreases sleep walking
• Useful for nervous and blood systems
• Excellent for any kind of emotional trauma as it aids in releasing held emotions, which we may or may not realize we are holding
Place in area of stagnate energy (like corners of a home) as it will provide a ‘flow’ of energy, wear as jewelry, carry, place in/around your work area and your living area, meditate with in hand, place on area of body experiencing pain, place in pillowcase for dreams of past lives.
Zodiac Association: Gemini
Chakra: Root, Crown, and Heart
Mantra: I AM rooted in my essence, I AM
Fun fact: Rainbow Moonstone is a white labradorite, Larvikite is black labradorite and Spectrolite is a Labradorite mined in Finland (brand name)
Labradorite is named after the Labrador Peninsula in Candida, where it was first discovered in 1770. Is referred to by several sources as the “gemstone of magic.” Inuit tribes say that labradorite fell from the frozen fire of the Aurora Borealis. This stone has long been associated as a Shaman’s stone as it has very magical, transformational, and etheric qualities.
Some uses for Labradorite include, but are not limited to:
• Aides in connection with Divine Wisdom
• Helps you to tap into your Higher Self, Source, or whatever you call it
• Removes the ‘need’ to be in control
• Helps in seeing with clarity-the past, present, and future
• Protects you and aides in remembering experiences in other realms/dimensions
• Helps to connect with Elementals
• Creates a protective force field throughout your Aura-great for protecting against others ‘draining’ your energy
• Useful for dream recall
• Helps with eyes, digestion, and metabolism
• Releases fears and insecurities from past experiences
• Calms an overactive mind (monkey mind) so you can focus on intentions
• Good for anyone going through change
• Great workspace stone as it brings out the best in people
• Reduces impulsive behavior
• Relieves Stress
• Healing energy with lungs, pain, and soothing for PMS
• Brings magic back into your life
• Bridges the gap between other realms and physical form
• Helps you find the good in any situation
• Helps with deep/restful sleep
Wear, carry, place in/around your work area and your living area. Place near your head while sleeping or place in the pillowcase.
Associations: Moon, Uranus Chakra: Primarily Associated with Throat, 3rd Eye, and Crown
Mantra: I AM Impenetrable, I AM
Also known as: Sea Jasper, Cellular Jasper, Orbicular Jasper, and Atlantis Stone
Ocean Jasper was first documented in the 1920’s; however, information was lost until its rediscovery in 1997-just ff the coast of Madagascar. Interesting, it could only be found during low tide and for safety reason, mining stopped in 2006. However, Sea Jasper is still mined in the same region. It is a type of Chalcedony with a combination of a ‘powerful cocktail’ of minerals that evolved from the lava streams of primordial volcanoes. A soft/gentle stone-properties are exceptionally nurturing.
This stone encourages you to embrace your inner essence (love, happiness, and joy). The meaning originates from its composition. Combining the energies of water and volcanic rock, this stone has both a fiery side and a cooler side. The contradictory forces unite to lend you ‘whichever’ energy you need most at any moment.
Some uses for Ocean Jasper include, but are not limited to:
· Clears Emotional Blocks-Creating Emotional Stability
· Helps to Gently Release “Locked-In” Emotions
· Calming; Uplifting
· Clearer Communication
· Faster Conflict Resolution
· Breaks Negative Thought Pattern
· Connected to Atlantis-Ancient Wisdom
· Helps in Accessing Past Lives
· Helps go with the “Flow” ...your Flow
· Great to Wear/Carry during/in Social Events
May be helpful for fertility, depression, anxiety, bloating, skin issues, insomnia, and car sickness
Wear, carry, place in a part of the room for clear/calm communication. Additionally, place under your pillow to assist with sleep.
Element: Earth and Water
Chakra: Primarily Associated with Heart...but encompasses ALL Chakras
Mantra: I AM my Essence
Why Selenite? Why for January? Think about it. The excitement/energy of the Holidays are gone, school is restarting, and many just feel exhausted...the entire energy associated with the first full month of winter (less sunlight) leaves a different feeling. Selenite brings light, a pure light, that will clear the energy. Everyone benefits and it provides us a refreshing vitality to start 2022.
Selenite is most known for its ability to remove unwanted energy from other stones, your surroundings (environment) and self. We live in a world of polarity so you could identify this unwanted energy as negative or stagnate, either way selenite is an excellent stone/tool to assist you in clearing.
Selenite gets its name from the Greek Moon goddess, Selene-who is associated with inner peace and stability. It has been used for eons in the realm of healing and spiritual awakening. It was used by the Ancient Egyptians, Native Americans, and Mayans for protection from negative energy and Aztecs believed Selenite alleviated emotional and physical pain. Moreover, the Ancient Egyptians were known to place Selenite in Tombs to protect and guide the soul as it continued its journey.
Some uses for Selenite include, but are not limited to:
· Cleansing aura, area, and other crystals/stones
· Enhances psychic abilities
· Assists in dream recall and lucid dreaming
· Protects against negative (non-conducive) energy
· Stabilizes environment and connect with moon energy
· Clears and balances the mind and helps with focusing
· Good for clearing creative ‘blocks’
· Connect with the Angelic Realm-it is great for working with guides and/or angels
· Draws in pure light
· Protects from psychic attacks
· Attracts ‘like’ minded people
Selenite can aid with skeletal problems-like arthritis. Again, great for clearing aura and toxins.
Wear selenite to protect from non-conducive energy. Place under your pillow for dream recall. Selenite wand-use to clear aura. Place selenite in a room to calm environment and get stagnate energy moving. Use a piece, bowl, or slab to clear other crystals. Additionally, you can place a small wand above a doorway to cleanse energies walking in/out...as we do at our store.
Special Care-Avoid dampness of any kind as selenite dissolves in water
Chakra: 3rd Eye and Crown
Mantra: I AM of the Light!
Special care when dealing with an Amethyst as it can fade when in direct sunlight.
The name comes from the Greek word améthystos-meaning “not intoxicated.” Short story-Bacchus (wine god) became angry over an insult so to avenge himself he declared that the first person he meets would be consumed by tigers. The first person was a beautiful maiden named Amethyst on her way to worship at the shrine of Diana. As the tigers sprung upon her, she sought protection from the goddess and was saved by being turned into a clear white crystal. Bacchus, regretting his cruel intention, poured the juice of his grapes over the stone as an offering-giving the gem a lovely purple hue.
We chose this stone for December as the Holidays, as special as they are, can be filled with a lot of emotional energy as friends/family gather to celebrate.
Some uses for Amethyst include, but are not limited to:
· Clears and energizes the air > great for any room of your home
· Sobriety...Preventing drunkenness/overindulgence
· Expands the higher mind
· Enhances one’s creativity and passion
· Its high frequency purifies the aura of any non-conducive energy/attachments
· Creates a protective shield of Light around the body
· Creates mental peace/calmness
· Stimulates the Third Eye, Crown, and Etheric Chakras
· Enhances cognitive perception
· Helps with accelerating the development of intuition/psychic abilities
· Initiates wisdom and greater understanding
· Travelers wear it for protection from ‘surprises’
· Soldiers wear it to refrain from harm and achieve victory
· Protects from disease/infection
· Eastern thought: Use to align planetary and astrological influences
Amethyst is an excellent stone to have in any/all rooms of the home, worn as an amulet or bracelet...or just to keep in your pocket. Also, a great stone to hold while meditating.
Purple is royal. It is elaborate, complete with the trimmings of majesty and ceremony. It is the color of fantasy and magic-it’s the color between red and blue...between the serenity of blue and the passion of red.
Mantra: I AM Worthy!
Moonstone has a rich history. In Ancient Rome, it was believed that the stone was formed from solidified beams of moonlight. The Romans also attributed it to the Roman goddess Diana, goddess of the Moon-she could be seen within the stone. It was a stone associated with wisdom and clarity as it was believed it would keep the mind clear so the ‘owner’ could make the best choices. In India, Moonstone was a sacred stone-belief...since the beginning of time, a moonstone had been set into the forehead of India’s moon god, Chandra Shekara, which means “Person who wears the moon.” The stone on Chandra’s forehead would glow in variation depending upon the phase of the moon. It has also been associated as a Traveler’s Stone. When worn as an amulet it was said to protect travelers-especially at night and when the moon is shining.
There are two crystals known as Moonstone-Moonstone, which comes in multiple colors and Rainbow Moonstone which is white labradorite.
Cool things attributed with Moonstone include but not limited to:
· Great Stone for New Beginnings; Open your mind and redefine “New Beginnings”
· Aides with maneuvering through cycles of any kind
· Stabilizes/Calms emotional triggers
· Feminine Energy (Yes, men have feminine energy too)
· Helps connect with Moon Energy
· Evokes patience and appreciation
· Helps with Hormonal shifts (Gender unspecific)
· Helps calm overactive children/adults as well;)
· Place in your vehicle for safe travels
· Assists in clairvoyance/Shaman work; Sacral Chakra (Grey/Black Moonstone)
· Supports Heart; Soothing-great for addressing Anxiety
· Enhances visions/dream work
· Clears psychic senses/mind; brings joy; great for addressing Emotional Trauma
· Great emotional support; Heart Chakra (Green)
· Assists in clearing the mind
Chakra Affiliations: Various depending upon ‘type’ of Moonstone
Mantra: I AM Harmonized, Centered, and Balanced
Also known as “Dragon Stone”
Septarian consists of Aragonite, Calcite, and Limestone as it was formed 50-70 million years ago during the Cretaceous period. Primarily found in Utah (where the Gulf of Mexico once spanned to) and Madagascar. “In the day” the volcanic eruptions would kill the smaller sea life, which would sink to the ocean floor-where it started to decompose. “The minerals in the shells and carcasses attracted sea floor sediments which accumulated around the carcasses and formed ‘nodules or mud balls. When the ocean receded, the mud balls dried out and began to shrink and crack into the beautiful patterns you see inside septarian.” A beautiful specimen only Gaia could create.
Septarian is a healing stone-overall health and well-being. It brings with it a calming energy and spiritual enrichment. It is a stone that enhances communications on many levels-“...is used to enhance and nurture communications with groups, making it much easier to speak clearly and kindly in group settings.”
Other cool things attributed with Septarian include but not limited to:
· Powerful Grounding/Centering Stone
· Nurturing stone that brings happiness
· Strong connection to Earth
· Provides a protective shield around the aura; assists in healing from the inside->out
· Enhances dreams
· Decreases stress, anxiety, and anger as it enhances patience and tolerance
· Brings an understanding to ‘your’ reality
· Work with it during meditation for an understanding of past lives/lessons
· Gives courage
· Aids in going within (inward) and to appreciate privacy
· Gives relief for muscle spasms
· Used for healing blood and kidneys
· Deters energy that is not conducive with you
Uses. Wear as jewelry, carry on person, put in pillowcase/near bed, and/or use during meditation. Combining with Quartz will enhance its energetic vibration. This stone loves to be held...so hold one.
Chakra Affiliations: Root (also connected to the other two lower chakras-Sacral and Solar Plexus)
Mantra: I AM One with ALL
Bling can be enticing but there are times when simplicity carries a more powerful punch.
The Shiva Lingam is crypto-crystalline member of the Quartz family-brown jasper. This stone is only found in one of the seven sacred rivers in India, the Narmada River-hence it has been called the Narmada Stone. A harmonic stone connects to both our masculine and feminine energies, that reminds us that we connected in unity to all creation. The Shiva Lingam is one that stimulates the energy system of the body.
Yes, there is more to this stone than its affiliation as a phallic symbol of Lord Shiva. However, there is meaning in the shape. “It represents the phallus of the Hindu god Shiva and his union with Kali.” The markings on the stone are referred to as the “Yoni” representing feminine energy or ‘the seed which is fertilized.’ It is also the shape of a cosmic egg, which is believed to be the center of Universal Creation. Egg shaped crystals are powerful energy generators that naturally have BG3.
Other cool things attributed with Shiva Lingam include:
· Balances emotional, mental, and physical (entire auric field) Being
· Protects environment/Self from electromagnetic smog
· Helps you think faster, organize better, and turn ideas into action
· Great for circulation, digestion, and reproduction
· Provides protection, grounding, and overall impact on one’s energy
· Helps with forgiveness-to self and others
· Boosts vitality
· Provides courage and strength to overcoming our deepest fears
· Provides insight ‘encouraging’ one to let go of anything and everything that no longer serves you
· Addresses low energy fields
· Improves health and brings ‘overall’ well-being
· Eliminates radiation and other pollutants
Uses. Wear as jewelry, carry in pocket, put in pillowcase, use during meditation, place in/around areas with higher EMF...actually, place it anywhere;). There are no limitations to how you can use this stone...be creative and go with what works for you.
Chakra Affiliations: All Element: Spirit
Mantra: I AM connected; I AM Complete
The meaning of smoky quartz comes from its connection to the Root Chakra. It empowers by offering a sense of permanence and sanctuary-hence, the grounding effect. It is almost like a conduit for it connects to the supportive earth energies while also connecting you to a higher state of Being-guiding you from lower vibrations that might be weighing you down or holding you back. A very powerful stone when working on ‘releasing’ that which no longer serves you. This is important because one must release to receive-the perfect balance...just as in give and take.
Somewhere in our linear timeline of thinking, smoky quartz became less warranted amongst the human species. However, it regained popularity during the Victorian era in England as a ‘mourning’ stone/jewelry. Worn by those who had suffered a loss, many would wear it for one to two-years. Maybe once removed it signified to the world they were over their loss???? This trend began when Queen Victoria wore it (smoky quartz) as mourning jewelry after the death of her husband, Prince Albert. It was also used by placing outside of houses to prevent drifting spirits from entering a family’s dwelling.
Other cool things attributed with smoky quartz include:
Uses. Wear as jewelry, carry in pocket, put in pillowcase, meditation, place in/around areas with higher EMF, and/or place on body part for pain relief.
Chakra Affiliations: Root
Mantra: I AM, always, part of the Whole
Lapis Lazuli stems from the Greek word, “Sappheiros” and has been a part of our human evolution through the Eons-the Latin term means ‘Blue Stone.” Lapis was often confused with sapphire so there are early writings where the word ‘sapphire’ was used when the stone was Lapis.
The oldest known ‘surviving’ literature is the Epic of Gilgamesh, an epic poem from Mesopotamia identifies Lapis in a couple of passages starting with Tablet 1, “Lift out the lapis lazuli tablet and read it, the story of that man, Gilgamesh...” This epic is also the second oldest ‘known’ surviving religious text, second to The Pyramid Texts. Lapis lazuli is mentioned in the section, “Spells for Entering the Sky (Corridor, West and East Walls).” In my research I found that Lapis is mentioned in (roughly) 100 verses in the Bible-go figure. Coolest thing of all is that lapis is a beautiful blue with shades of silver/gray...just like the Dallas Cowboys!
Ancient Egyptians used the beautiful piercing stone for jewelry as far back as 3100 BC and in powder form it was used in medicinal elixirs; moreover, Cleopatra would grind it and use it as eye shadow. They also used it to entomb Pharaohs and roughly 2500 years ago it was a stone of Royalty in China. This deep-blue metamorphic stone was mined as early as the 7th millennium BC in modern-day Afghanistan. Michelangelo would use it in his paints for when it was ground/processed it created this elaborate ‘ultramarine’ color and Buddhists recommended this stone to bring inner peace and freedom from negative thoughts. Additionally, one of the rooms in the palace of Catherine the Great was made of walls of lapis-along with fireplaces, doors, and mirror frames.
Known as the wisdom stone-“The Wisdom Keeper”
· Enhances intellect and helps with teaching/learning
· Activates/enhances psychic abilities
· Enhances a desire for knowledge
· Enhances memory
· Encourages one to speak their ‘truth’
· Brings harmony into relationships
· Reveals inner truth
· Self-awareness and Confidence
· Boost immune system
· Sooth’s inflammation
· Excellent stone for problem solving
· Relieves anger/negative thoughts
· Attracts promotion and success
· Helps with headaches and throat issues (larynx/vocal cords)
· Helps regulate the endocrine and thyroid glands
· Assists in overcoming hearing loss and other issues with the ear/nasal passages
· Enhances circulation and improves cardiac rhythms
· Reduces vertigo and lowers blood pressure
· Lapis recognizes psychic attacks and blocks them-returns the energy back to its source
· Expands awareness...seriously, what else besides this would one need?
Chakras: Third Eye and Throat
Affirmation: I AM the keeper of my inner wisdom!
Traditionally referencing, fluorite experienced many names before it was known simply by Fluorite. It is also called fluorspar. The name stems from the Latin word, fluere-meaning ‘to flow’. Dubbed the most colorful mineral known as it comes in a wide variety of colors-some predominant while others balanced. The colors vary from purple, pink, yellow, green, blue, clear, and so on...it is like holding a rainbow in your hand.
In ancient Rome, fluorite was one of the most prized crystals of the “Caesars” due to its complexity and design. Emperor Nero paid for what today would equate to $300,000 for a Fluorite cup-according to historical documents;). Still today, fluorite is one of the most sought-after stones-due to its magnificent coloring/designs. Fluorite has many different locations for its creation-Germany, England, U.S. and Argentina are some of the places.
It is said to balance both hemispheres of the brain, which makes sense when you look at all the other attributes of Fluorite. It clears the environment and your aura of excess energy and/or energy that is affecting the aura. It helps one make clear decisions and assists in harnessing/releasing scattered energies culminating in a harmonious flow-an excellent emotional healer. Additionally, it can assist healers/light workers in shifting to higher levels of energy.
Other cool things attributed with fluorite include:
It is a wind element, even though it has an oceanic color to it...
You can wear it, place it on person or simply have it in your ‘space’. Again, a great assistant in helping organizing ideas and focusing on the task at hand. Another great ‘location’ for a piece of fluorite is near any Wi-Fi/electronics as it assists in clearing the electro-smog created by human devices.
Chakra Affiliations: Heart, Third Eye, and Crown
Mantra: I am, just as I am
Emerald is a green variety of Beryl with a luminous history. The name “Emerald” comes from the Greek word for green, “Smaragdus” and Rome’s Pliny the Elder (1st Century) addressed Emerald in his work, Natural History—“...nothing greens greener” and regarding the work of those that engraved, cut or polished stones (lapidaries)-“...have no better method of restoring their eyes than by looking at emerald, its soft, green color comforting and removing weariness and lassitude (lethargy).” The history of Emerald goes back to the days of Babylon and Ancient Egypt.
First mined in Egypt emerald was known to be the favorite gem of Cleopatra; however, it gained global recognition in the 1500’s when the Spaniards reached South America and saw the native leaders wearing emeralds. Fascinated by the stone, the Spaniards quickly embraced and dominated the emerald trade markets. Today it is primarily found in Columbia but also Brazil, Russia, and parts of Africa.
The Romans viewed the stone as a symbol of fertility as emerald is the stone of Venus, the goddess of Love/Beauty. The oldest known emerald to exists is 2.97 billion years old. Christian’s view(ed) emerald as the stone of resurrection and we can’t forget about the writings of Hermes Trismegistus-The Emerald Tablets or if you prefer a different take, the Emerald Tablets of Thoth;).
Emerald is a water element, which is cool when you think it takes water to make the grass green and it is during this time of year when many are out and about working on making their lawns green.
Since other stones have surfaced in the awareness of humans, emerald may have lost a step of ‘glitter’ in those with eyes that only see ‘bling’ but never underestimate the power of emerald. It is a powerful heart stone as it opens the heart and strengthens/clears the physical and emotional energies of the Heart. Listen up, this stone (Emerald) opens up the heart to accept love for self and others-it brings about abundance-abundance of all kinds. Abundance is not money, that is only a form but know there are many with a lot of money that are miserable within. Emerald captures the full spectrum regarding abundance.
Other benefits of Emerald
-Compassion/Love (self and others)
- Acceptance of others and situations without judgment
- Enhances partnership as it encourages loyalty/unity
- Helps with claustrophobia
- Helps with mental clarity, it is this that really opens the pathways for everything else to flow
- Strengthens memory; heals with addressing negative energies
- Helps the sinuses, lungs, and spine muscles
- Soothes the eyes; improves vision
- Increase patience; promotes good self-esteem
Uses: This really comes down to choice...your choice. You can wear emerald as jewelry as it comes in various shades of green; you can meditate with it; place a small piece in your pillowcase and allow the universal energies to come into harmony with your energy; carry a smaller piece in your pocket/stone pouch for there is no wrong answer, just your answer.
Affirmation: The Universe provides me with all that I need for each path along my journey
Flower Agate is a type of plume agate with inclusions of chalcedony that resemble flowers in 3rd dimensional formation. This beautiful stone is native only to Madagascar and was not discovered until 2018. Flower Agate is a perfect tool to welcome Spring, not only is the name fitting but its metaphysical properties as well.
Like Spring, Flower Agate stimulates the passion and lights the way assisting you in choosing the correct path to manifest your intentions. Simultaneously, it will protect you from self-doubt and fear--enhancing confidence and self-love. It aids in releasing emotions from a past event or trauma that you may not even appreciate you are carrying, allowing you to function at your fullest potential. Flower Agate has a nurturing feminine energy as it awakens the triple goddess within-those who resonate with the more ‘male’ energies, do not be discouraged, this stone is for everyone.
Other benefits of Flower Agate:
-Opens the Heart Chakra to Self-Love
-Helps one bloom to their full potential
-Helps balance emotions and reality
-Great for emotional healing and support
-Helps one to live life to the fullest
-Releases unwanted emotions
-Aids with motivation, inspiration, and self-growth
-Excellent for starting a new business or career
-A calming stone that washes away stress and fear
Chakra: Heart and Root Chakra
Uses: The palm stones are excellent meditation partners. Place a tower, sphere, or any carved piece in a workspace for motivation and manifestation or in a meditation space. Carry a tumbled piece in your pocket, purse, or wear as a piece of jewelry to keep it in your energy field. You choose what is best for you, there is no wrong answer.
Affirmation: I am on MY path
Thanks to the programming of Valentine’s Day, February is known, well it’s known as many things, as the ‘love’ month. Rose Quartz is a great ‘love’ stone, but it is not the only ‘love’ stone available. I chose Mangano Calciteas the stone for February because of its special connection with the Heart Chakra.
Mangano Calcite, also called, Manganoan Calcite and/or Pink Calcite, is a manganese calcium carbonate mineral that is a part of the calcite family. It was first found 1846 in Baska Stiavnia mining district Slovak Republic and is now found all over the world. Mangano Calcite’s color ranges from light to dark pink some are banded or included with white calcite. This calcite will fluoresce under black light. Try it, it’s cool!
It is known as the heart crystal connecting to the universal love energy. A heart healer and protector, it is very beneficial for heart break. It brings in unconditional love to help one except and love themselves, releasing any pain or grief from the past. It allows love to flow freely to open up new opportunities and/or relationships.
Other benefits of Mangano Citrine:
-Helps with connection to the angelic realm
-Aids with compassion towards others
-Releases fears created from the past
-Aids in self-worth
-Eases nervousness and anxiety
-A soothing stone that releases tension
-Attracts new opportunity
-Assist in accepting self and actions
-Boosts immune System
-Great for PTSD
Uses: May wear as any form of jewelry (some say wearing near your heart chakra is most effective). You may carry in pocket, purse, medicine bag, bra, etc;) to have in your energy field or you may choose to use as a worry stone. Place near your bed or in pillowcase to relieve insomnia and nightmares.
Affirmation: I am perfect as I am
(Yes, you are!)
Clear Quartz is one of the planets most common minerals with its global footprint. It is also known as Rock Quartz and ranges from “crystal” clear to milky white in color - a natural form of silicon dioxide. The name Quartz is of Greek origin meaning Ice. Quartz has the piezoelectric effect, meaning it will conduct electricity when squeezed or stressed. It also has reverse piezoelectricity, if you run electricity through it, it will squeeze itself and vibrate.
Clear Quartz is the perfect crystal for January 2021 as it encourages clarity, to assist you in making clear intentions for the New Year.
There are two types of crystals-hard crystals and liquid crystals. Obviously, the hard crystals are the ones you carry in your pocket or have displayed around your office/home. The liquid crystals are found in digital watches, laptop computer screens, and your body. Therefore, quartz is used in many electrical devices to include ultrasound, microphones (which are now in many devices to include phones and computers), record players, printers and much more. As Dr. Bruce Lipton shared in his book, “The Biology of Belief,” you have liquid crystals throughout your physical body.
Metaphysically Clear Quartz is considered the Master Healer of all crystals. It is highly programmable able to store and amplify any intention that you desire. It can also amplify properties of other stones, and clear negative energy. One of the best for manifesting your intentions. Multiple uses of your choice. Clear crystal-add intention…new intention, no problem-just repeat the process.
Other benefits of Clear Quartz
-Enhance communications with guides
-Amplifies psychic abilities
-Stimulates the nervous system
-Sooths pain especially nerve
-Heightens spiritual awareness
-Cleanses and enhances all organs
-Unlocks hidden memories
-Stimulates the immune system
***It is the most powerful healing crystal able work with any condition (I could go on and on with the benefits)
Chakra: Balances all chakras; however, it is most frequently associated with the Crown Chakra
Uses: The most versatile crystal that has many uses, from wearing as jewelry, carrying in pocket, place in pillowcase for vivid dreams, excellent for gridding, assists energy healers, used in making points of wands, clusters in homes for cleansing, balance and harmony.
Affirmation: I am clear with my intentions
There are a couple of reasons that I chose “Bloodstone” as the December 2020 Stone of the Month; however, the underlying theme falls within western ideologies and the correlation to the month of December.
In my quick, but thorough, research I found two sources with different renderings. One is the red represents Christ’s blood and the green color represents the earth on which it fell. The second finding was stating that the blood (Christ’s) actually fell upon some jasper, thus creating ‘bloodstone.’ The second reason is that Bloodstone is the perfect stone for these times of adversity and change, by providing courage and vitality and the feeling of safety here in your place on Earth. An uplifting stone that calms the mind so that one can see the whole picture clearly, especially in time of change, assisting one in making the correct decision. In addition, helps one to overcome loneliness.
Regardless of one’s particular take on the Judeo-Christian connection with December, “Christ-Consciousness”- is alive and well…but if that is too much just think of it as Krishna Consciousness, Universal Consciousness or whatever floats your boat;). The point to the power of the Bloodstone goes to the second part addressed above and how our programming/domestication has created these ideas of the Holiday Season, which can often leave one feeling alone, depressed, and a cluster of other ‘not-so-positive’ ways of thinking all tied to the Holiday Season.
Other benefits of Bloodstone
-Increases strength and endurance (great for athletes)
-Supports the blood and blood rich organs
-Revitalizes physical energy
-Excellent for blood ailments and hormonal imbalances
-Grounds the heart chakra energy
-Eases a broken heart
-Decreases irritability and impatience
-Transforms negative energy while purifying a space
-Freshens the mind to remove confusion
-Helps to remove ancestorial cords
Chakra: Root Chakra
Uses: Carry in your pocket or wear as jewelry for overall good health. Put at bedside or in pillowcase to stimulate dreams.
Bloodstone is also known as Heliotrope, which is Greek for sun turning as it was thought that the reflection of the sun’s rays appears on the stone or if it was held under the ocean it would turn the sun blood red. Bloodstone is in an opaque chalcedony, dark green in color with red spots. Found in India, Brazil, Madagascar, China, Australia, Czech and the U.S.
Bloodstone has been a popular stone for over 2,000 years. Ancients believed that this magical stone was able to control the weather and banish evil. It was known as a great healer of wounds; warriors would carry to stop any bleeding that might occur during battle and was once thought to be a mystical oracle that would give guidance through sounds. (that would be awesome to witness).
Affirmation: I am able to face any adversity that comes my way with courage and strength
Not only is Black Tourmaline one of October’s Birthstones it has been long known as the “Empath’s Stone” - recognized mostly for its protection and grounding. It provides a protective shield around the energy body while balancing the Aura. It is one of the best grounding stones providing stress relief as it transforms negative energy into positive loving energy. Furthermore, Black Tourmaline supports one to clear negative thinking, anxiety, fear and the feeling of being a victim-bringing this plethora of energies into balance.
This stone is a great choice/tool for paranormal investigators as it prevents unwanted attachments or entities. October is that month where everyone gets their ghost hunting groove on.
Benefits of Black Tourmaline:
- Rids the body of toxins
- Strengthens the immune system
- Boosts metabolism
- Increases energy (see above)
- Useful for physical aches and pains (you may not feel any right now but with the weather changes-you will)
- Balances the hemispheres of the brain
- Assists in dealing with lung issues
- Protects against Electromagnetic Smog
- Excellent for griding space to form a protective shield against energy that is not conducive with your energy
- Will balance and cleanse all chakras but is known to work best with your Root Chakra
Black Tourmaline, originally called Schorl, accounts for the majority of tourmaline but does come in several different colors. It is a silicate mineral that is often found in quartz and mica matrix and is abundantly found throughout the world.
Tourmaline dates back to 1400 BC and has been used by multiple ancient cultures as a protection stone.
We are all empaths to a degree; however, if you are one that takes on the energy of others then this is an excellent stone to wear as jewelry or carry in your pocket. For those who have aches and pains at night place it in your pillowcase.
Affirmation: I am grounded and safe