Not only is Black Tourmaline one of October’s Birthstones it has been long known as the “Empath’s Stone” - recognized mostly for its protection and grounding. It provides a protective shield around the energy body while balancing the Aura. It is one of the best grounding stones providing stress relief as it transforms negative energy into positive loving energy. Furthermore, Black Tourmaline supports one to clear negative thinking, anxiety, fear and the feeling of being a victim-bringing this plethora of energies into balance.
This stone is a great choice/tool for paranormal investigators as it prevents unwanted attachments or entities. October is that month where everyone gets their ghost hunting groove on.
Benefits of Black Tourmaline:
- Rids the body of toxins
- Strengthens the immune system
- Boosts metabolism
- Increases energy (see above)
- Useful for physical aches and pains (you may not feel any right now but with the weather changes-you will)
- Balances the hemispheres of the brain
- Assists in dealing with lung issues
- Protects against Electromagnetic Smog
- Excellent for griding space to form a protective shield against energy that is not conducive with your energy
- Will balance and cleanse all chakras but is known to work best with your Root Chakra
Black Tourmaline, originally called Schorl, accounts for the majority of tourmaline but does come in several different colors. It is a silicate mineral that is often found in quartz and mica matrix and is abundantly found throughout the world.
Tourmaline dates back to 1400 BC and has been used by multiple ancient cultures as a protection stone.
We are all empaths to a degree; however, if you are one that takes on the energy of others then this is an excellent stone to wear as jewelry or carry in your pocket. For those who have aches and pains at night place it in your pillowcase.
Affirmation: I am grounded and safe